The first summer CSA share is here! This week it’s basil, chive blossoms, dill, green garlic, red leaf lettuce and red Russian kale.
My mind goes to salads, salad dressings, lettuce wraps, fresh herbs snipped or torn into salads and as a garnish and pesto.
How to pair the produce in this week’s CSA share
- Add chive blossoms and/or scallions to your red leaf or kale salad.
- Use green garlic in your salad dressings, kale saute or pesto.
What I cooked this week
- Egg salad with scallions and dill, topped with chive blossoms.
- Red Russian kale sauteed with green garlic and white beans.
- Simple lettuce salad, tossed with a splash of olive oil, squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper. Topped with chive blossoms.
- Pesto with basil and green garlic.
Follow the links below for more on:
Questions? I’d love to hear from you.